Friends of Palestine Western Australia (FOPWA)
Friends of Palestine WA is a community organisation, based in Perth, Western Australia. FOPWA is dedicated to promoting the cause of Palestinian social justice, human rights and self-determination.
Our Constitutional Aims and Objectives
1. to increase the awareness of Western Australians of the injustices suffered by the Palestinian people, including the occupation of Palestine and the denial of Palestinian human rights.
2. to promote the cause of Palestinian freedom, justice and equality by calling on the State of Israel to comply with international law, including United Nations resolutions, by:
a) ending its occupation and colonisation of Palestine by withdrawing from the occupied Palestinian Territories, including ending its illegal settlements program and its illegal siege of Gaza
b) recognising the fundamental rights of Palestinian citizens of Israel to full equality by ending all forms of racial and religious discrimination; and
c) respecting, protecting and promoting the rights of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and properties as stipulated under international law.
3. to undertake information outreach within all aspects of Western Australian society to provide an accurate account of the circumstances faced by Palestinians, and the measures necessary to ensure international law is implemented.
4. to advocate, coordinate and participate in boycotts, divestment and sanctions against the State of Israel and Israeli interests, including sanctions to be imposed by the Australian Government on the State of Israel, until Israel complies with United Nations resolutions addressing the rights of Palestinians.
5. to reject all forms of racism or religious intolerance, including Islamophobia and antisemitism.
Members can view the constitution by logging in (top mid-right of your screen) and going to Member Content in the main menu ('Member Content' will show when you are logged in).